Subject: [PATCH] ARM: multi_v7_defconfig: enable usb3503

From: [email-masked] (Kevin Hilman)
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2015 18:08:37 -0700

riku.voipio at linaro.org writes:

> From: Riku Voipio <[email-masked]>
>
> CONFIG_USB_HSIC_USB3503 is needed by exynos5250-arndale for the on-board
> asix network controller. Enable it so networking works with
> multi_v7_defconfig out of box like it does with exynos_defconfig.
>
> USB3503 is also referenced from exynos4412-odroidu3.dts and
> exynos5250-spring.dts so this patch should improve
> multi_v7_defconfig on those platforms as well.
>
> Signed-off-by: Riku Voipio <[email-masked]>

Tyler pointed me to this in order to get arndale networking on mainline,
but looks like this might need to be revisited for current mainline.  

I tested this and it doesn't work because as of commit 7de7c6717f2c
(ARM: multi_v7_defconfig: Enable Exynos USB PHY) the PHY that this
depends on is built as a module in multi_v7_config, so having this
driver built-in doesn't help.  Even after the PHY driver is loaded, this
driver will not detect the hardware.

So instead, I think this driver should be built as a module as well.
Testing that, I can get networking by doing loading both the phy and
this driver after boot:

 # modprobe phy-exynos-usb2
 # modprobe usb3503

Kevin