Subject: [PATCH v9 4/6] ARM: Exynos: switch to using generic cpufreq driver for Exynos4210/5250/5420

From: [email-masked] (Kevin Hilman)
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2014 16:15:21 -0700

Hi Thomas,

Thomas Abraham <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

> A new branch [1] has been created using commits from exynos5-v3.17-rc1
> branch + cpufreq + regulator + temp fixes. I have tested this branch
> on Exynos5800 Chromebook2 and cpufreq works fine with both ondemand
> and performance governors. Please let me know if there are any issues
> with this new branch. It is based on v3.17-rc3.

Excellent!  Thank you.

The only thing missing now is the CPUidle support for 5800, and all
that's needed for that is the compatible string patch[1] which Daniel
has queued up.

With that patch, display + CPUidle + CPUfreq are working pretty well on
my exynos5800/chromebook2 with the big.LITTLE switcher disabled.  If I
turn on the switcher, it boots OK, but as soon as I try to run powertop
(upstream v2.6.1) it gets stuck.  Have you tried this branch with the
switcher enabled?

Thanks again for your work on this, we're getting close!  

Kevin

[1] http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2014-August/279028.html