Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/4] ARM: dts: meson8b: add VDDEE / mali-supply

From: Kevin Hilman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 16:32:10 -0700

Martin Blumenstingl <[email-masked]> writes:

> EC-100 and Odroid-C1 use a "copy" of the VCCK regulator as "VDDEE"
> regulator. VDDEE supplies the Mali GPU and various other bits within
> the SoC.
>
> The VDDEE regulator is not exclusive to the Mali GPU so it must not
> change it's voltage. The GPU OPP table has a fixed voltage for all
> frequencies of 1.10V. This matches with what u-boot sets on my EC-100
> and Odroid-C1.
>
> Dependencies:
> - compile time: patch #4 depends on my other patch "ARM: meson8b-mxq:
>   better support for the TRONFY MXQ" from [0]
> - runtime: we don't want the kernel to change the output of the VDDEE
>   regulator to the maximum value. Thus the PWM driver has to be able
>   to read the PWM period and duty cycle from u-boot. This is supported
>   with my series called "pwm-meson: cleanups and improvements" from [1]

Just FYI... unless I hear otherwise, I'll wait for the PWM cleanups to
land before queuing this series.

Kevin

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel