Subject: [RFC 0/7] qcom: Add support for tsens driver

From: [email-masked] (Kevin Hilman)
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2015 17:25:19 -0700

[+ Javi, Punit for power_allocator questions ]

Hi Rajendra,

Rajendra Nayak <[email-masked]> writes:

> This is an attempt to have a single tsens driver for
> the different versions of the tsens IP that exist, on
> different qcom msm/apq SoCs.
> Support is added for msm8916, msm8960 and msm8974 families.
> Based on top of the latest eeprom framework patches [1]

Curious how are you testing this?  with which thermal governor?

I'm experimenting with the new thermal power_allocator governor
currently in linux-next, and was hoping to use this to test it, but I'm
noticing it doesn't work with the power_allocator governor.

The first thing is that the power_allator goveror expects each thermal
zone to have a sustainable-power property in the DT, which this series
doesn't provide.  Hacking some dummy values in there to see what happens
next, I then hit the "thermal zone cpu-thermal0 has wrong trip setup for
power allocator" error from the power_allocator driver.

I stopped there as that made it clear this isn't yet ready to be used
with the power_allocator governor.

Kevin