Subject: [PATCH v3 0/3] Qualcomm Resource Power Manager driver

From: [email-masked] (Kevin Hilman)
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 10:07:57 -0700

+Paul Walmsley

Bjorn Andersson <[email-masked]> writes:

> This series adds a regulator driver for the Resource Power Manager found in
> Qualcomm 8660, 8960 and 8064 based devices.
>
> The RPM driver exposes resources to its child devices, that can be accessed to
> implement drivers for the regulators, clocks and bus frequency control that's
> owned by the RPM in these devices.
>
> Changes since v2:
>   - Fix copy-paste error in dt binding
>   - Correct incomplete move from mfd to soc
>   - Correct const mistake in regulator driver
>
> Changes since v1:
>   - Moved rpm driver to drivers/soc

I'm not sure I follow the motivation for having this under drivers/soc?

In fact, my (possibly incorrect) understanding of this Resource Power
Manager is that it's actually to manage communication/control of
resources that are actually handled off the SoC by a microcontroller.

I added Paul W. to Cc so he can correct me, but I think this is a ways
off from the goal of what drivers/soc was for.

Kevin