Subject: [PATCH] ARM: qcom: Enable basic support for Qualcomm platforms in multi_v7_defconfig

From: [email-masked] (Kevin Hilman)
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 08:47:21 -0800

Hi Kumar,

Kevin Hilman <[email-masked]> writes:

> Kumar Gala <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Enable support for the MSM8x60, MSM8960, and MSM8974 SoCs, clocks and
>> serial console as part of the standard multi_v7_defconfig.
>>
>> Signed-off-by: Kumar Gala <[email-masked]>
>> ---
>>
>> I leave this to the arm-soc guys to apply because of possible conflicts
>> with other updates to multi_v7_defconfig.
>
> Seem to be a handful of !qcom changes here, probably resulting from a
> run of 'make savedefconfig' without all the new changes in.
>
> I've thinned this out to only the qcom changes and applied the following
> to next/boards.  I think it's better to do any 'make savedefconfig'
> cleanups as a separate, cleanup-only patch as needed.

Bisecting a new boot failure on u8500/snowball came down to this patch.
Simply disabling CONFIG_ARCH_QCOM in mutli_v7_defconfig gets the
u8500/snowball booting again, so it looks like there may still be some
qcom specifics that are being run on non-qcom platforms with a
multi-platform config.

Could you audit for initcalls/drivers being initialized on non-qcom
SoCs?

Thanks,

Kevin