Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/3] arm64: dts: qcom: sdm845: Add Coresight support

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2019 18:21:00 +0530

Hi Mathieu,

>> +
>> +	etm@7040000 {
>> +		compatible = "arm,coresight-etm4x", "arm,primecell";
>> +		arm,primecell-periphid = <0x000bb95d>;
> 
> I'm a little curious as to why you need to bypass the normal AMBA bus 
> discovery
> method by forcing the peripheral ID.  Tracers don't show up the way 
> other
> coresight devices do at boot time?
> 

Yes on some Qcom SoC's like SDM845 and also on some previous ones, for 
ETM(only) amba bus discovery method fails because of wrong pid read from 
the registers. So we have to force this primecell peripheral ids to 
probe etm.

- Sai

--
QUALCOMM INDIA, on behalf of Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a 
member of Code Aurora Forum, hosted by The Linux Foundation

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel