Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH v3 4/6] psci: Add hvc call service for ptp_kvm.

From: Paolo Bonzini <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2019 10:25:37 +0200

On 18/09/19 10:07, Jianyong Wu wrote:
> +	case ARM_SMCCC_VENDOR_HYP_KVM_PTP_FUNC_ID:
> +		getnstimeofday(ts);

This is not Y2038-safe.  Please use ktime_get_real_ts64 instead, and
split the 64-bit seconds value between val[0] and val[1].

However, it seems to me that the new function is not needed and you can
just use ktime_get_snapshot.  You'll get the time in
systime_snapshot->real and the cycles value in systime_snapshot->cycles.

> +		get_current_counterval(&sc);
> +		val[0] = ts->tv_sec;
> +		val[1] = ts->tv_nsec;
> +		val[2] = sc.cycles;
> +		val[3] = 0;
> +		break;

This should return a guest-cycles value.  If the cycles values always
the same between the host and the guest on ARM, then okay.  If not, you
have to apply whatever offset exists.

Thanks,

Paolo

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel