Subject: [PATCH v3] KVM: arm/arm64: fix the incompatible matching for external abort

From: [email-masked] (Marc Zyngier)
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2017 01:12:32 +0000

On Sat, Oct 28 2017 at  2:45:59 pm BST, Dongjiu Geng <[email-masked]> wrote:
> For this matching, switch expression uses fault type which is
> not {I,D}FSC value, but the case expression uses {I,D}FSC,
> they are incompatible. So change the switch expression to
> use {I,D}FSC.

I'm sorry, but I can't manage to parse this commit message. How about
something like this?

"kvm_vcpu_dabt_isextabt() tries to match a full fault syndrome, but
 calls kvm_vcpu_trap_get_fault_type() that only returns the fault class,
 thus reducing the scope of the check. This doesn't cause any observable
 bug yet as we end-up matching a closely related syndrome for which we
 return the same value.

 Using kvm_vcpu_trap_get_fault() instead fixes it for good"

Otherwise:

Acked-by: Marc Zyngier <[email-masked]>

	M.
-- 
Jazz is not dead. It just smells funny.