Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/18] arm64+KVM: FPSIMD/SVE/SME cleanups

From: Marc Zyngier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2026 09:07:31 +0100

On Thu, 21 May 2026 14:25:38 +0100,
Mark Rutland <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi.
> 
> This series cleans up low-level FPSIMD/SVE/SME state management code,
> making it easier to maintain and extend (e.g. adding SME support to
> KVM), and enabling better debugging (e.g. by making SVE/SME save/restore
> visible to KASAN and KCSAN).
> 
> This is purely cleanup, there are NO bugs addressed by this series.

I had a look throughout, and couldn't see anything untoward other than
the couple of nits that were already pointed out. Killing the horrible
asm macros definitely brings a bit of fresh air to this code base.

Given the sensitivity of the change, I'd like this to simmer in -next
for a bit. How do you want this to be merged? I'm happy to take the
whole thing in kvmarm, and share the branch with arm64.

I assume you'll post a v2 anyway?

Thanks,

	M.

-- 
Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.