Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 00/17] arm64: Use EL2 virtual timer when running VHE

From: Marc Zyngier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2026 20:59:02 +0100

On Sun, 24 May 2026 19:17:05 +0100,
Krzysztof Kozlowski <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> On 23/05/2026 16:02, Marc Zyngier wrote:
> > This is the third version of the series initially posted at [1],
> > which
> > 
> > - updates the ACPI GTDT parsing to deal the v3 layout and the EL2
> >   virtual timer,
> > - moves the architected timer driver to use it when running VHE,
> > - fixes a number of DTs to reflect the reality of the HW.
> > 
> 
> Please mention here what do you expect SoC maintainer to do with this -
> apply individual patches, wait for dependencies, ack etc.

I only care about the first 3 patches (ACPI enablement, arm64 timer
code), and don't have any expectation for the rest, as pointed out in
the cover letter for v1.

These are all bug fixes for DTs that do not correctly describe the HW.
There is therefore no dependency on anything. The patches can either
be cherry picked by the individual SoC maintainers, applied globally
by one of the DT maintainers, or be completely ignored.

Thanks,

	M.

-- 
Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.