Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 4/5] arm64: KVM: Prevent speculative S1 PTW when restoring vcpu context

From: Marc Zyngier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 10:49:37 +0000

On Mon, 28 Oct 2019 10:32:17 +0000,
Catalin Marinas <[email-masked]> wrote:

Hi Catalin,

> On Sat, Oct 26, 2019 at 11:20:35AM +0100, Marc Zyngier wrote:
> > Catalin, Will: given that this series conflicts with the workaround for
> > erratum 1542419, do you mind taking it via the arm64 tree?
> 
> I assume you target 5.5 with this workaround.

Absolutely. I'm happy to look at backports once this is in.

> I don't mind merging it but if you want to queue it, we already have
> a stable for-next/neoverse-n1-stale-instr branch with 1542419 (I'll
> push a fixup on top soon for a clang warning). The other issue is
> that we get a conflict with mainline due to the tx2 erratum. If it
> gets too complicated, I'll also merge for-next/fixes into
> for-next/core.

OK, let me have another look at providing a resolution that includes
all of the above. Worse case, you'll be able to pull the branch
directly.

Thanks,

	M.

-- 
Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny.

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel