Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/2] clk: sunxi-ng: Consider alternative parent rates when determining NKM clock rate

From: Frank Oltmanns <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2023 11:29:05 +0200

On 2023-06-07 at 14:27:46 +0200, Maxime Ripard <[email-masked]> wrote:
> [[PGP Signed Part:Undecided]]
> On Wed, Jun 07, 2023 at 09:35:20AM +0200, Frank Oltmanns wrote:
>> So, my question: Is spending the 30 ms fine or do I need to optimize for
>> speed in order for this patchset to be accepted? Or is 2 ms also too
>> much of an increase, in which case I'm out of ideas. :-)
>
> You keep mentioning it, but it's really not clear to me why you think
> that both are intertwined, or depend on one another?

I'm sorry about that. I guess, I got carried away. And furthermore I
took your mentioning of all bets being of how often setting rates
happens when HDMI comes into play as encouragement to optimize for
speed, which it clearly wasn't.

I saw the increase in time as a regression, because it might break
boards that I don't have access to. But since you say it's fine, I'll
speak no more of it.

> What's wrong with just merging (some later version of) this series?

Nothing. :-)

Thanks,
  Frank

>
> Maxime
>
> [[End of PGP Signed Part]]

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel