Subject: Re: [PATCH] pwm: rockchip: Eliminate potential race condition when probing

From: Simon South <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2020 15:32:06 -0500

Thierry, Trent and Robin, thanks for reviewing this and for your
comments. I think I understand a lot better now how this code needs to
work.

Trent Piepho <[email-masked]> writes:
> Anyway, from the existing code, it seems clear that pc->pclk needs to
> be enabled for register access and pc->clk to generate a signal.  The
> call to clk_prepare(pc->pclk) should become
> clk_prepare_enable(pc->pclk) and moved to before the enabled_conf
> check.  Then clk_disable(pc->pclk) afterward.

I'll follow up with a revised set of patches that implement this. (I've
split it into multiple changes as they seem logically distinct and I
find the progression easier to see this way.)

-- 
Simon South
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel