Subject: [PATCH 2/6] ARM: OMAP2+: Remove board-omap4panda.c

From: [email-masked] (Arnaud Patard (Rtp))
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 11:45:16 +0200

Tony Lindgren <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi,

> * Tony Lindgren <[email-masked]> [130617 03:32]:
>> * Arnaud Patard <[email-masked]> [130617 02:52]:
>> > Tony Lindgren <[email-masked]> writes:
>> > 
>> > I understand your concerns but, please, cope with reality: the clock
>> > work is not in -next so this tends to make me think it won't reach
>> > 3.11. We're at -rc6 after all. Telling users that their system doesn't
>> > have any network because it was easier to maintain, is not something
>> > they will understand imho.
>> 
>> Right, like I said: the idea is to have it usable with DT. And USB and
>> Ethernet certainly are part of what I call usable. So is MMC, WLAN and
>> DSS. I've certainly spent quite a bit of time on making sure panda works
>> with DT, and I can assure you that fixing the USB extclock is easier than
>> supporting the legacy boot with DT :)
>> 
>> This issue can also be fixed with a clock alias if we don't have DT
>> defined clocks ready for v3.11. It may take a few days for us to have
>> the solution. But get getting a clock to a driver certainly is not a
>> showstopper here. After all, that's what all drivers already do.
>
> Care to test the last patch just posted by Roger in thread
> " [PATCH 0/4] ARM: OMAP4: Panda USB Host support and DVI EDID fix"?

I tried to test them but they don't apply on linux-next due to some
pinctrl changes probably missing:
Error: arch/arm/boot/dts/omap4-panda-common.dtsi:177.14-15 syntax error

which corresponds to :
0x82 (PIN_INPUT_PULLDOWN | MUX_MODE4)

Also, the patch 3 (ARM: dts: omap5-uevm: Provide USB Host PHY clock)
doesn't apply as the omap5-uevm.dts doesn't exist.

Which tree should I use to test the patches if it's not linux-next ?

Also, you might want to know that drivers/usb/musb/omap2430.c doesn't
build due to some typos (musb_resources vs musb_resouces).

Arnaud