Subject: [PATCH-V5 3/3] ARM: OMAP: Make OMAP clocksource source selection using kernel param

From: [email-masked] (Kevin Hilman)
Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 10:03:49 -0700

"Hiremath, Vaibhav" <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 04:08:07, Paul Walmsley wrote:
>> On Thu, 26 Apr 2012, Paul Walmsley wrote:
>> 
>> > Okay, thanks for testing.  Please do update this patch to use 
>> > omap_hwmod_enable(), etc.; see for example omap_dm_timer_init_one().
>> 
>> And, just to be explicit, the ioremap(), clk_get(), and clk_enable() 
>> should no longer be needed for OMAP2+, once you add the 
>> omap_hwmod_enable().
>> 
>
> What about OMAP1 architecture? Will it work? 

You'll need to move the ioremap/clk* usage into OMAP1 code
(mach-omap1/timer32k.c), and move the omap_hwmod_enable() into OMAP2+
code (mach-omap2/timer.c).

Then make the omap_init_clocksource_32k() just take the base address.

If counter_32k were a real driver (and it should be) this is how things
would work.  For example, the GPIO driver is shared between OMAP1 and
OMAP2+ and any SoC specific init is done in the SoC specific device init
code instead of the driver.

Hope this helps,

Kevin