Subject: [PATCH] ARM: OMAP: PM: only register TWL with voltage layer when device is present

From: [email-masked] (Kevin Hilman)
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 10:33:48 -0800

"Premi, Sanjeev" <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Current code registers voltage layer details for TWL PMIC even when a
>> TWL has not been registered.  Fix this to only register the TWL with
>> voltage layer when the TWL PMIC is initialized by board-level code.
>> 
>> Signed-off-by: Kevin Hilman <[email-masked]>

[...]

> I have been out-of-loop from PM for some time. So my query may be
> redundant:
>
> 1) What happens when different PMIC (not TWL series) is registered
>    for AM35x? e.g. TPS65023
>    http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-omap/msg48630.html
>
> 2) Wouldn't we still fall back into omap3_twl_init()?

I'm not sure I follow the question.

If you're not using a TWL PMIC (or similar derivative) then
omap*_twl_init() should not be called.

If you are using a TWL PMIC, then no, the omap*_twl_init functions
should not be called.

Kevin