Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH] arm64: defconfig: Disable fine-grained task level IRQ time accounting

From: Kurt Kanzenbach <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 10:40:29 +0200

Hi Alison,

On Wed Jul 29 2020, Alison Wang wrote:
> In the current arm64 defconfig, CONFIG_IRQ_TIME_ACCOUNTING is enabled as
> default. According to my tests on NXP's LayerScape and i.MX platforms,
> the system hangs when running the command "stress-ng --hrtimers 1" with
> CONFIG_IRQ_TIME_ACCOUNTING enabled. Disabling this option, the issue
> disappears. CONFIG_IRQ_TIME_ACCOUNTING causes serious performance impact
> when running hrtimer stress test at the same time.

I think instead of disabling the option for all arm64 devices, it might
be better to analyze the root-cause why the hrtimer test hangs when this
option is enabled.

+Cc hrtimer maintainers: Thomas and Anna-Maria

Thanks,
Kurt
_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel