Subject: [PATCH] ARM: Support arch_irq_work_raise() via self IPIs

From: [email-masked] (Kevin Hilman)
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 18:58:40 -0700

Stephen Boyd <[email-masked]> writes:

> This will allow the scheduler tick to be restarted if we're in
> full NOHZ mode.
>
> Cc: Kevin Hilman <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Frederic Weisbecker <[email-masked]>
> Signed-off-by: Stephen Boyd <[email-masked]>

Minor nit, but I'd prefer a more verbose changelog (I forget things
quickly and like to rely on changelogs for my memory.)  Probably worth
adding something like: "By default, irq_work is tied to the tick
processing (update_process_times()) but in full NOHZ mode, no tick means
no IRQ work.  In order for IRQ work to be done in full NOHZ mode, a
self-IPI is used to process IRQ work."

Other than the changelog nit, patch looks good, feel free to add

Reviewed-by: Kevin Hilman <[email-masked]>

If Russell is OK with this, it can go to his patch system.

Kevin