Subject: [PATCH v2 3/4] ARM: OMAP2+: dmtimer: cleanup iclk usage

From: [email-masked] (Kevin Hilman)
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 17:34:30 -0700

"DebBarma, Tarun Kanti" <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 11:18 PM, Kevin Hilman <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Tarun Kanti DebBarma <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> We do not use iclk anywhere in the dmtimer driver and so removing it.
>>> Hence removing the timer iclk entries from OMAP4 clkdev table as well.
>>
>> What about the OMAP2/3 clkdev tables? ?Can't those be removed as well?
> No, they are being used. In fact I removed them in the beginning only
> to discover they are needed.

Maybe PATCH 0/x could summarize why they're still needed for OMAP2/3.

>>
>> Comment applies to PATCH 4/4 also.
> You mean removing iclk from clkdev table? That is already done in this patch!!

I meant why can't OMAP2/3 data be removed in PATCH 4/4 also, which only
touches OMAP4.

Kevin