Subject: [PATCH-V4 0/3] Introducing TI's New SoC/board AM335XEVM

From: [email-masked] (Kevin Hilman)
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 15:39:16 -0800

Vaibhav Hiremath <[email-masked]> writes:

> This patch set adds support for AM335x device having
> Cortex-A8 MPU.
>
> Official website - http://www.ti.com/product/am3359
>
> AM335X is treated as another OMAP3 variant, where,
> along with existing cpu class OMAP34XX, new cpu class AM33XX is created
> and the respective type is AM335X, which is newly added device in
> the family.
> This means, cpu_is_omap34xx(), cpu_is_am33xx() and
> cpu_is_am335x() checks return success for AM335X.
>
> Also, I have validated OMAP3 boot test with this patch-series on OMAP3EVM.

After fixing the minor comment on patch 3/3, feel free to add:

Reviewed-by: Kevin Hilman <[email-masked]>

Also, I was surprised to discover that this booted on my (recently
arrived) BeagleBone.  It seems that u-boot (from Angstrom) is passing
the machine ID of the AM335x EVM[1], even though there is another
machine ID for the BeagleBone[2].  Is that expected?

I also see that the mach-types for this are in Russell's for-next
branch.  In order for us to merge this into Tony's master branch, we'll
need to see if Russell can pull the mach-types updates into
devel-stable.  Russell?

Kevin

[1] http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/machines/list.php?id=3589
[2] http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/machines/list.php?id=3808