Subject: [PATCH] Revert "ARM: pxa: call debug_ll_io_init for earlyprintk"

From: [email-masked] (Robert Jarzmik)
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2014 21:29:36 +0200

Robert Jarzmik <[email-masked]> writes:

> Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> This reverts commit 2111667b4677 ("ARM: pxa: call debug_ll_io_init for
>> earlyprintk")
>>
>> This commit gives the following backtrace on PXA/tosa early in the boot
>> time when DEBUG_LL is enabled. It is due to overlap between uart memory
>> and PERIPH_ memory block mapped by pxa_map_io.
>
> Indeed, all available UARTs IO mappings are already covered by pxa_map_io(), so
> the revert will remove the bug and keep the DEBUG_LL functionality. I suppose
> you did the test with the revert and the lowlevel debugging works, right ?

Actually, I have a question for Andrew : was your commit aimed at the 3 or 4
available UARTs (ie. in peripheral address space), or is it a case where an
external UART is mapped on the system bus (if that is possible) ?

-- 
Robert