Subject: Would like to form a pool of Linux copyright holders for faster GPL enforcement against Anthrax Kernels

From: [email-masked] (Bradley M. Kuhn)
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 11:13:00 -0400

Eric Appleman wrote at 04:26 (EDT) on Saturday:
> Would anyone be interested in forming such a pool? I am willing to
> wait years for this to be resolved through certain organizations, but
> I believe we can do better.

As some on these lists likely already know, Conservancy's GPL Compliance
Project for Linux Developers [0] is aware of this matter and is
considering what actions to take, and how such actions should be ranked
in priority given the queue of the hundreds of known GPL violations on
Linux occurring every day.

We very much appreciate that Eric has brought the matter to our
attention and I'm continuing to correspond with Eric privately in the
hopes that we can resolve the matter.

If anyone wants to join Conservancy's GPL Compliance Project for Linux
Developers, please do contact me!

[0] More details on Conservancy's GPL Compliance Project for Linux
    Developers can be found at
    https://sfconservancy.org/news/2012/may/29/compliance/

Sincerely,
-- 
Bradley M. Kuhn, Executive Director, Software Freedom Conservancy