Subject: [PATCH v8 01/11] OMAP: GPIO: prepare for platform driver

From: [email-masked] (Kevin Hilman)
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 15:19:04 -0800

Hi Charu,

I owe you an apology.

Kevin Hilman <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

> I just noticed while testing on 36xx/Zoom3 that GPIO wakeups are no
> longer working after this series.
>
> The problem seems to be that for OMAP2+, this series removed manual
> SYSCONFIG register setting in favor of using omap_hwmod (which is good),
> however some of the SYSCONFIG values, specifically, in the current code,
> the ENAWAKEUP bit was set in each bank, but this is no longer the
> default with omap_hwmod.

I was wrong here.  The enable wakeup mode was supposed to be enabled by
default in the hwmod, but due to a bug[1], it was not.  This problem was
not directly related to your series.

[...]

> ... but it shows that GPIO wakeups were not fully
> tested with this series.  In the future, along with reporting what
> platforms it was testing on, it would be very helpful to include a
> summary of how the series was tested.

I apologize for accusing you of not testing GPIO wakeups.  I now know
that this functionality was broken by patches independent of your
series, so I deeply regret the accusation.

Kevin

[1] http://marc.info/?l=linux-omap&m=129193625420446&w=2