Subject: [PATCH 0/7] share sa1100 rtc driver to arch-mmp

From: [email-masked] (Robert Jarzmik)
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 09:52:34 +0100

Haojian Zhuang <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Robert,
>
> I hadn't any plan to remove rtc-pxa driver. I only disabled it for
> pxa27x/pxa3xx. Please check the code of
> arch/arm/mach-pxa/sharpsl_pm.c. If we only enable rtc-pxa on pxa27x,
> we'll break the behavior on sharpsl since it's using rtc-sa1100. In
> order to keep code consistently, I disable rtc-pxa on pxa27x/pxa3xx.

Then you'll break mioa701 board, which is pxa270 based. The RYCR/RDCR were
introduced on PXA27x chips, so the rtc-pxa driver should work on pxa27x SoCs.

The behaviour should be as before, the config should be able to choose between
rtc-pxa and rtc-sa1100 for a pxa27x based board. For sharpsl_pm, I suppose the
rtc-sa1100 will be chosen in the .config, and for mioa701, it will be
rtc-pxa.

Just to clear, I'm against removing "resources, clock" from pxa27x platform code
which would break rtc-pxa driver on pxa27x. Now I don't care if you're talking
about changing some "defconfigs".

Cheers.

-- 
Robert