Subject: Re: [PATCH v13 05/48] arm64: RMI: Temporarily add SMCs from RMM v1.0 spec

From: Marc Zyngier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2026 13:21:56 +0000

On Wed, 18 Mar 2026 15:53:29 +0000,
Steven Price <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Not all the functionality has been migrated to the v2.0 specification,
> so for now we still rely on some v1.0 SMCs. This mixture is not
> spec-compliant, but is necessary until an updated RMM is available.
>

This sort of things really makes it awkward to review the series.

Do you really expect the reviewers to mentally triage what is current
and what is only throwaway code? I want to see patches that are merge
candidates, not patches that are only there to cope with the broken
state of the RMM.

If extra hacks are required to work with the current Franken-RMM, keep
them as a separate series that doesn't pollute what is targeted at
upstream.

It also means that any testing you have done will be invalidated when
the one true RMM shows up...

"This is great."

	M.

-- 
Jazz isn't dead. It just smells funny.