Subject: [PATCH 00/24 V2] OMAP4: PM: suspend, CPU-hotplug and CPUilde support

From: [email-masked] (Kevin Hilman)
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2011 15:35:13 -0700

Hi Santosh,

Santosh Shilimkar <[email-masked]> writes:

> The series adds OMAP4 MPUSS (MPU SubSystem) power management support for
> suspend (S2R), CPU hotplug and CPUidle.

Just noticed when doing some final build/sanity testing that there are a
few of compile/link warnings/problems when the kernel is built without
CONFIG_PM

Some warnings:

/work/kernel/omap/pm/arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap-wakeupgen.c:203:13: warning: 'irq_save_context' defined but not used
/work/kernel/omap/pm/arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap-wakeupgen.c:270:13: warning: 'irq_save_secure_context' defined but not used

and some failures (these happen when CONFIG_SUSPEND=n but CONFIG_PM_RUNTIME=y:

arch/arm/mach-omap2/built-in.o: In function `skip_l2en':
/work/kernel/omap/pm/arch/arm/mach-omap2/sleep44xx.S:323: undefined reference to `cpu_resume'
arch/arm/mach-omap2/built-in.o: In function `omap_sram_idle':
/work/kernel/omap/pm/arch/arm/mach-omap2/pm34xx.c:429: undefined reference to `cpu_suspend'
arch/arm/mach-omap2/built-in.o: In function `skipl2reen':
/work/kernel/omap/pm/arch/arm/mach-omap2/sleep34xx.S:534: undefined reference to `cpu_resume'
arch/arm/mach-omap2/built-in.o: In function `omap4_enter_lowpower':
/work/kernel/omap/pm/arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap-mpuss-lowpower.c:281: undefined reference to `cpu_suspend'

Turns out these are not directly related to your series and OMAP3
exhibits the same problems.

I just posted a patch[1] to attempt to address these.

But could you fixup the first problem and test with [1] to see if things
still build/work as expected.

Thanks,

Kevin

[1] http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2011-October/068606.html