Subject: [PATCH] drm/bridge: dw-hdmi: fix EDID parsing

From: [email-masked] (Jani Nikula)
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2017 14:12:45 +0200

On Thu, 09 Nov 2017, Lu?s Mendes <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I've just applied the referred individual patch to kernel-4.14-rc5 and
> the EDID isn't loaded. dw-hdmi gets no firmware at all.

Sorry, I didn't mean you could just cherry-pick that one commit and make
it work. There were a number of preparatory patches before that, and I
think some cleanups on top.

Please try drm-next to make sure you have it all.

We didn't intend for the commits to be backported, instead we very much
wanted them to get a gradually increasing amount of exposure first to
make sure we don't break stuff.

And as I said elsewhere in the thread, Russell's patch may be relevant
for current Linus' master and stable. We just need to reconciliate how
the two things should work together in drm-next and v4.15 and on.

BR,
Jani.

-- 
Jani Nikula, Intel Open Source Technology Center