Subject: [PATCH v2] serial: omap: Add support for optional wake-up

From: [email-masked] (Kevin Hilman)
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 12:27:13 -0800

Tony Lindgren <[email-masked]> writes:

> * Kevin Hilman <[email-masked]> [131107 10:53]:
>> 
>> A bunch of DT boot failures on OMAP3 platforms with latest mainline were
>> bisected down to this patch.  Boot results here:
>> http://lists.linaro.org/pipermail/kernel-build-reports/2013-November/000954.html
>> 
>> This doesn't seem to properly handle the OMAP3 case where we have DT
>> nodes, but no reg or interrupts properties since they're still using
>> hwmod.
>> 
>> The problems seems to be because these OMAP3 platforms don't list any
>> interrupts in their DTS files for the UARTs, but a quick hack at adding
>> interrupts to omap3.dtsi didn't help either so something else is going
>> on.
>> 
>> This patch should probably be reverted until it gets broader testing.
>
> Hmm I'm not seeing this with my tree, and sounds like it should be
> already fixed by commit d7c8f2596 (ARM: dts: Add missing reg,
> interrupt and dma entries for omap3).
>
> Can you check that you have that commit in your tree?

Ah, that commit is in -next but not yet in mainline.   Indeed it works
fine with that commit on top of mainline.

Time to queue up our pull requests for linus.

Kevin