Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 00/26] Introduce common headers for vDSO

From: Thomas Gleixner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2020 11:02:45 +0100

Dmitry Safonov <[email-masked]> writes:
> I like the idea, but I'm wondering if we could have less-grained
> headers? Like, AFAICS the patches create headers < 10 lines and even
> mostly < 5 lines.. I like that header's names perfectly describe what's
> inside, but I'm not sure how effective to have a lot of extra-small
> includes.

If that goes all into a big header then the headers from where the bits and
pieces are split out would have all to include this big header which
might result in other include dependency nightmares.

>>  create mode 100644 include/vdso/time.h
>>  create mode 100644 include/vdso/time32.h
>>  create mode 100644 include/vdso/time64.h
>
> Maybe we could made them less-grained?
>
> I.e, time32 + time64 + time.h => time.h?

Then you end up with ifdeffery. I like the clear separation.

Thanks,

        tglx

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel