Subject: OMAP baseline test results for v3.7-rc1

From: [email-masked] (Kevin Hilman)
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2012 16:01:33 -0800

Jean Pihet <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

> I ran some intensive stress tests on the I2C and ... unfortunately I
> could not trigger the problem. It looks like the issue is caused by
> some transient situation where the CORE and/or I2C is in a low power
> state.

FYI... I just ran across what appears to be the same bug on 3430/n900
during suspend/resume testing.  With CPUidle enabled, this happens every
time.

Reverting the I2C QoS patch makes it work again.

Kevin

# rtcwake -m mem -s 1
Date:    Fri Dec 31 17:00:34 MST 1999
hwclock: Sat Jan  1 00:00:34 2000  0.000000 seconds
[   38.819732] omap_i2c omap_i2c.1: timeout waiting for bus ready
wakeup from "mem" at Sat Jan  1 00:00:36 2000
[   38.841949] PM: Syncing filesystems ... done.
[   38.859466] Freezing user space processes ... (elapsed 0.01 seconds) done.
[   38.885284] Freezing remaining freezable tasks ... (elapsed 0.02 seconds) done.
[   38.916412] Suspending console(s) (use no_console_suspend to debug)
[   39.944274] omap_i2c omap_i2c.1: timeout waiting for bus ready
[   39.944305] twl: i2c_read failed to transfer all messages
[   39.944305] twl_rtc: Could not read TWLregister D - error -110
[   39.944335] twl_rtc twl_rtc: twl_rtc_read_time: reading CTRL_REG, error -110
[   40.975524] omap_i2c omap_i2c.1: timeout waiting for bus ready
[   40.975555] twl: i2c_read failed to transfer all messages
[   40.975555] VMMC2_IO_18: failed to disable
[   40.978698] PM: suspend of devices complete after 2049.163 msecs
[   40.984222] PM: late suspend of devices complete after 5.493 msecs
[   40.992126] PM: noirq suspend of devices complete after 7.873 msecs
[   40.992187] Disabling non-boot CPUs ...
[   40.992675] Successfully put all powerdomains to target state
[   40.997009] PM: noirq resume of devices complete after 4.058 msecs
[   41.002014] PM: early resume of devices complete after 3.601 msecs
[   41.179016] PM: resume of devices complete after 176.818 msecs
[   41.277740] Restarting tasks ... done.
real    0m 3.50s
user    0m 0.00s
sys     0m 0.10s
Date:    Fri Dec 31 17:00:40 MST 1999
hwclock: Sat Jan  1 00:00:40 2000  0.000000 seconds