Subject: [PATCH] ARM: OMAP2+: ads7846 init: fix fault caused by freeing pen-down GPIO

From: [email-masked] (Kevin Hilman)
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 14:58:23 -0700

"zumeng.chen" <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 2012?07?27? 03:30, Kevin Hilman wrote:
>> + Zumeng Chen
>>
>> Igor Grinberg<[email-masked]>  writes:
>>
>>> Hi Kevin,
>>>
>>> I've just noticed that the patch has been modified by Arnd in a way
>>> that of course will trigger GPIO use without being requested.
>>> I'm sorry, I was not available by that time Arnd changed the patch.
>> Your right, your original patch isn't the problem.  I found the root
>> cause.
>>
>> The real problem is actually introduced by the merge of your patch from
>> the arm-soc/cleanup branch, and this one from Zumeng Chen: commit
>> 16aced80f6 (ARM: OMAP3530evm: set pendown_state and debounce time for
>> ads7846) from the arm-soc/boards branch.
>>
>> However, looking closer at the one from Zumeng, that one is clearly not
>> right.  It unconditionally adds a *board-specific* ->get_pendown_state
>> function to the pdata that is common to *all* boards.  That's just wrong
>> and has the side-effect of making ->get_pendown_state() wrong on every
>> board except the OMAP3EVM.  Oops.
>>
>> So, IMO, in addition to $SUBJECT patch, in order to get the touchscreen
>> GPIO working on non OMAP3EVM boards, we also need something like this as
>> well.
> Definitely, thanks Kevin.
>> Igor, Zumeng, could you try this out on your boards anc confirm if it's
>> working?  I currently don't have a board setup with a touchscreen in my
>> board farm.
> Acked

Did you test this on your board?  If so, could you respond with a
Tested-by tag?  Thanks.

Kevin