Subject: [PATCHv4 7/8] ARM: OMAP: clockdomain: add support for preventing autodep delete

From: [email-masked] (Kevin Hilman)
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 13:12:47 -0700

Rajendra Nayak <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Wednesday 18 July 2012 01:35 PM, Tero Kristo wrote:
>> On Wed, 2012-07-18 at 12:45 +0530, Rajendra Nayak wrote:
>>> On Tuesday 17 July 2012 08:26 PM, Tero Kristo wrote:
>>>> Anyway, it also looks like this fix is no longer needed with the latest
>>>> kernel, something has changed with the gpio code / or latencies and it
>>>> doesn't crash anymore. Thus, it looks like patches 7&   8 can be dropped
>>>> from this set for now. This is the behavior with beagleboard at least,
>>>> if someone can verify this with some other omap3 hw that would be nice.
>>>
>>> I can test it on a omap3 SDP. What do you want me to test?
>>
>> Just try suspend + cpuidle with and without off-mode enabled and see if
>> there are any problems. I've usually seen problems with off-mode myself.
>
> So I just knocked off the last 2 patches from 'mainline-3.5-rc6-pwrdm-
> changes-v4' and tested on my 3430 SDP.
>
> I was able to hit RET and OFF in both suspend and cpuidle. Did not see
> any issues.
>

FYI...

I tested this series without the last 2 patches on top of v3.5 and
suspend/resume hangs on 3430/n900, 3530/Overo, 3730/OveroSTORM, but
suspend/resume and cpuidle tests for retention and idle seem to work
fine on 3730/Beagle-xM.

It works fine on all the platforms with the last 2 applied (note 6/8
needs a minor update to apply cleanly to mainline v3.5.)

Kevin