Subject: [PATCH v6 04/16] OMAP2+: UART: cleanup 8250 console driver support

From: [email-masked] (Kevin Hilman)
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2011 14:42:57 -0700

"Govindraj.R" <[email-masked]> writes:

> We had been using traditional 8250 driver as uart console driver
> prior to omap-serial driver. Since we have omap-serial driver
> in mainline kernel for some time now it has been used as default
> uart console driver on omap2+ platforms. Remove 8250 support for
> omap-uarts.

Nice to see the this disappearing.

> Serial_in and serial_out override for 8250 serial driver is also
> removed. Empty fifo read fix is already taken care with omap-serial
> driver with data ready bit check from LSR reg before reading RX fifo.

As stated in the previous review.  Patches that move code/features
should have the removal and the add-back in the same patch.  Doing so
makes it easy for reviewers to see whether it was simply moved, or if it
was modified when it was moved, etc.

> Also waiting for THRE(transmit hold reg empty) is done with wait_for_xmitr
> in omap-serial driver.

Again, remove it here in the patch that adds that support (the errata
patch I guess.)

> Remove headers that were necessary to support 8250 support
> and remove all config bindings done to keep 8250 backward compatibility
> while adding omap-serial driver. Remove omap_uart_reset needed for
> 8250 autoconf.
>
> Signed-off-by: Govindraj.R <[email-masked]>

So basically, this patch should only remove the legacy 8250 support (as
the subject says) and everything else should be done in the other
relevant patches.

Kevin