Subject: Re: [PATCH v10 00/59] KVM: arm64: ARMv8.3/8.4 Nested Virtualization support

From: Marc Zyngier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2023 17:30:45 +0100

On Tue, 06 Jun 2023 10:33:27 +0100,
Eric Auger <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> > By the way, what are you using as your VMM? I'd really like to
> > reproduce your setup.
> Sorry I missed your reply. I am using libvirt + qemu (feat Miguel's RFC)
> and fedora L1 guest.

OK, so that's *very* different for what I'm using, which is good! Do
you have a QEMU branch somewhere?

> Thanks to your fix, this boots fine. But at the moment it does not
> reboot and hangs in edk2 I think. Unfortunately this time I have no
> trace on host :-( While looking at your series I will add some traces.

I've been able to run EDK2 compiled for kvmtool with only a couple of
change (such as using SMCs instead of HVCs, and disabling the broken
DT-to-ACPI convertion). However, reboot isn't something I've played
with, as kvmtool doesn't even try to reboot the guest (reboot is
handled as power-off).

I'm pretty sure this is related to tearing down the shadow S2 MMU
contexts when QEMU reinit the vcpus, and we may fail to clean things
up.

I'll try and have a look once I'm back from holiday (and we can have a
look at KVM Forum).

Thanks,

	M.

-- 
Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel