Subject: stand-alone kvmtool

From: [email-masked] (Alex Bennée)
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 11:02:31 +0000

Andre Przywara <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Will,
>
> On 18/02/15 15:50, Will Deacon wrote:
>> Hi Andre,
>> 
>> Thanks for doing this. Since it looks unlikely that kvmtool will ever be
>> merged back into the kernel tree, it makes sense to cut the dependency
>> in my opinion.
>> 
<snip>
>
> P.S. Although both approaches still provide the kvmtool patch history,
> they do not compile before the dependency cut patches. If that is an
> issue, one could think about injecting those new patches back into the
> repository time line. Admittedly that sounds scary, but would solve the
> problem.

If you can have it all it would be nice to preserve buildability all
through your history for bisecting (and the moon on a stick please ;-)

Is the dependency on the kernel sources something that has been stable
over the projects history or something that's been declining/increasing
over time?

-- 
Alex Benn?e