Subject: [PATCH] davinci: Implement sched_clock()

From: [email-masked] (Kevin Hilman)
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 11:17:44 -0700

Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello.
>
> On 07-10-2010 21:12, Kevin Hilman wrote:
>
>>> Overwrite the default implementation of sched_clock that is based on
>>> jiffies by something more precise. This improves timestamps in ftrace.
>>> Implementation is copied from OMAP platform code.
>
>>> Signed-off-by: Andreas Gaeer<[email-masked]>
>
>> Thanks, applying to davinci git.
>
>> Will queue for 2.6.38 (it's a bit too late for 2.6.37 as Linus only
>> wants real regression fixes after -rc6.)
>
>    Did you mean 2.6.37 and 2.6.36 respecitvely?

Nope.

IOW, for the upcoming merge window (2.6.37), Linus does not want to see
new features done after 2.6.36-rc6.  He wants to sure that by the time
the merge window opens, that things have received some testing and
validation, particularily in linux-next.

This means, that most maintainers (myself included) will not be taking
patches/features for 2.6.N merge window after 2.6.(N-1)-rc6 is released,
unless they are regression fixes.

Kevin