Subject: [PATCH 1/1] ARM: OMAP3: PM: don't explicitly enable the IO-chain interrupt

From: [email-masked] (Kevin Hilman)
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 07:55:02 -0500

+Paul

Javier Martinez Canillas <[email-masked]> writes:

> commit 99b59df0 ARM: OMAP3: PM: fix shared PRCM interrupt leave disabled at boot
>
> set the IRQ_NOAUTOEN flag to the PCRM IO-chain irq to avoid this
> interrupt until the PM core code is ready to handle the interrupts.
>
> It seems that this is not needed anymore after the OMAP PRCM I/O chain
> code re-implementation introduced on merge commit:
>
> 9a17d88 Merge tag 'omap-devel-c-for-3.6' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/
>
> The IRQ_NOAUTOEN flags is not set for the PRCM I/O irq anymore on the
> new implementation. This has the effect that a request_irq() for the
> PRCM I/O chain irq will auto-enable the requested IRQ and a later call
> to enable_irq() will lead to the following warning:

I noticed that warning too, but I don't think $SUBJECT patch is the
right fix.

We still need the IRQ_NOAUTOEN so that cases where PM is not enabled,
the IO chain interrupts are not enabled.

Looking closer, it looks like the merge of omap-devel-c-for-3.6 removed
the IRQ_NOAUTOEN in the merge resolution, which wasn't right.

I'll cook up a fix for this.

Kevin