Subject: Re: [patch V3 28/35] PCI/MSI: Simplify pci_irq_get_affinity()

From: Thomas Gleixner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 12:55:51 +0100

On Sat, Dec 18 2021 at 21:25, Cédric Le Goater wrote:

> On 12/18/21 11:25, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
>> On Fri, Dec 17 2021 at 15:30, Nathan Chancellor wrote:
>>> On Fri, Dec 10, 2021 at 11:19:26PM +0100, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
>>> I just bisected a boot failure on my AMD test desktop to this patch as
>>> commit f48235900182 ("PCI/MSI: Simplify pci_irq_get_affinity()") in
>>> -next. It looks like there is a problem with the NVMe drive after this
>>> change according to the logs. Given that the hard drive is not getting
>>> mounted for journald to write logs to, I am not really sure how to get
>>> them from the machine so I have at least taken a picture of what I see
>>> on my screen; open to ideas on that front!
>> 
>> Bah. Fix below.
>
> That's a fix for the issue I was seeing on pseries with NVMe.
>
> Tested-by: Cédric Le Goater <[email-masked]>

I had a faint memory that I've seen that issue before, but couldn't find
the mail in those massive threads.

Thanks for confirming!

       tglx

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel