Subject: [PATCH] arm: ixp4xx, u300: Select ARCH_REQUIRE_GPIOLIB, not GENERIC_GPIO

From: [email-masked] (Arnaud Patard (Rtp))
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2011 08:54:30 +0200

Ben Hutchings <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi,

> The GPIO implementations for these two machines depend on gpiolib,
> so they must not select GENERIC_GPIO directly.

They're not calling gpiochip_add afaik so they should really only select
GENERIC_GPIO.

>
> Signed-off-by: Ben Hutchings <[email-masked]>
> ---
> This hould fix the build failure seen here:
> https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=linux-2.6&arch=armel&ver=3.1.0%7Erc4-1%7Eexperimental.1&stamp=1315007168

The problem here is that gpio_request_one has been added to the ads7846
driver but gpio_request_one is not defined in GENERIC_GPIO case (I
guess that other (arm and non-arm) platforms may hit similar troubles
with gpio_request_one. One quick fix would be to add a gpio_request_one
function say in asm-generic/gpio.h. One other fix would be to define
gpio_request_one and gpio_request_array in each
machine/platform/... specific header. Don't know what's the best
solution.

Arnaud