Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH v2 01/10] lib: vdso: ensure all arches have 32bit fallback

From: Thomas Gleixner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2020 21:56:09 +0100

Andy Lutomirski <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Mon, Dec 23, 2019 at 6:31 AM Christophe Leroy
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> In order to simplify next step which moves fallback call at arch
>> level, ensure all arches have a 32bit fallback instead of handling
>> the lack of 32bit fallback in the common code based
>> on VDSO_HAS_32BIT_FALLBACK
>
> I don't like this.  You've implemented what appear to be nonsensical
> fallbacks (the 32-bit fallback for a 64-bit vDSO build?  There's no
> such thing).
>
> How exactly does this simplify patch 2?

There is a patchset from Vincenzo which fell through the cracks which
addresses the VDS_HAS_32BIT_FALLBACK issue properly. I'm about to pick
it up. See:

 https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email-masked]/

Thanks,

        tglx

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel