Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 06/11] KVM: arm64: hide MOPS from guests

From: Marc Zyngier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2023 09:42:18 +0100

On Tue, 09 May 2023 15:22:30 +0100,
Kristina Martsenko <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> As FEAT_MOPS is not supported in guests yet, hide it from the ID
> registers for guests.
> 
> The MOPS instructions are UNDEFINED in guests as HCRX_EL2.MSCEn is not
> set in HCRX_GUEST_FLAGS, and will take an exception to EL1 if executed.
> 
> Acked-by: Catalin Marinas <[email-masked]>
> Signed-off-by: Kristina Martsenko <[email-masked]>

This is very likely to clash with Jing's series that completely
reworks the whole idreg series, but as long as this is on its own
branch, we can deal with that.

Acked-by: Marc Zyngier <[email-masked]>

	M.

-- 
Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel