Subject: [PATCH] ARM: DTS: OMAP4: Panda/SDP: twl6030: fix mux for IRQ pin and msecure line

From: [email-masked] (Kevin Hilman)
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 09:12:46 -0700

Grygorii Strashko <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 05/28/2013 09:33 PM, Kevin Hilman wrote:
>> Nishanth Menon <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 5:15 PM, Kevin Hilman <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>>> Kevin Hilman <[email-masked]> writes:
>>>>
>>>>> Nishanth Menon <[email-masked]> writes:
>>>> [...]
>>>>
>>>>>> Actually 2 things:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> a) patch seems to do the wrong thing for 4460 - 0x18 offset should
>>>>>> have been used instead of 0x14 which is correct for 4430?
>>>>> I see, thanks.  I'll double check the TRMs.
>>>>>
>>>>>> b) yes, I understand,  the current settings we did worked, but the
>>>>>> mode(0) we are setting to is real weird - we are setting it up for
>>>>>> clk0 out - I cant even think why it is even working in the first place
>>>>>> :( - is it because we are pumping out sysclkout and as a result we are
>>>>>> lucky that msecure is being sampled at the right point by twl6030
>>>>>> allowing rtc access? either way, IMHO, the configuration is wrong.
>>>>> Ah, yes.  Mode zero is definitely wrong.   When I did the original patch
>>>>> for legacy mode, I just duplicated the settings u-boot was using.  Guess
>>>>> it's a fluke that it works.
>>>> Actually, for legacy mode, it's set correctly in mode 2.  This line:
>>>>
>>>>          omap_mux_init_signal("fref_clk0_out.sys_drm_msecure", OMAP_PIN_OUTPUT);
>>>>
>>>> does the right thing based on the signal name.    But for DT boot, I
>>>> defintely screwed it up by setting it to mode (and putting it in the
>>>> wrong padconf section.)
>>>>
>>>> Also, are you *really* sure about the offset difference between 4430 and
>>>> 4460 here?  I don't have access to NDA docs anymore, so I cannot double
>>>> check this.
>>>>
>>>> What I do know is that the legacy code is using 0x54 for both, and if I
>>>> simply comment out that 'sys_drm_msecure' line above, RTC wake stops
>>>> working (legacy boot) on both 4430 and 4460, so that seems like pretty
>>>> stront evidence that it's the same offset on both.
>>> Schematics are public for PandaBoard ES and PandaBoard - as you can
>>> see from that the registers connected are definitely different.
>> What I see from both schematics is that SYS_DRM_MSECURE is available on
>> a few different pads, but on both 4430 and 4460, one of the places is in
>> mode 2 of FREF_CLK0_OUT, which is at offset 0x54 on both SoCs.
>>
>> Based on that reading, and the fact that not correctly muxing that pad
>> to mode 2 on *both* 4430 and 4460 makes the RTC work, I'm rather
>> convinced that the offset should be the same for 4430 and 4460.
>>
>> What am I missing?
> Hi Kevin,
>
> I've rechecked it too.

Thanks for checking, I'll take this as an Acked-by.

Kevin