Subject: PXA 2xx devictree port and clock infrastructure

From: [email-masked] (Robert Jarzmik)
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 01:20:00 +0200

Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]> writes:

> Right, that is the general recommendation at least. I'm always a bit cautious
> when it comes to PXA because I don't expect that platform to fully get
> converted to DT in the long run, and very little new work is going on there.
>
> OTOH, if people like Robert and Daniel do this for fun, it's definitely
> great to see the full solution.

OK, so let's suppose I go for (c), and :
 - create drivers/clk/clk-pxa2xx.c
   => OF clock driver
 - amend the mach-pxa accordingly to move all clock stuff to this driver

Is there a clean way for the transition phase, where devicetree pxa-dt machine
will have to exist with non-DT machine code ? ie. is there around a clock driver
I can look at where both OF *and* non-OF are working ?

Ah, and given that PXA clocks are very simple :
 - their rate is almost always constant, and not changeable
 - only one register exists to enable/disable all the clocks (bitmask of 32
 possible clock enables)

Isn't there already a skeleton to handle this type of clocks ? It looks to me
pretty generic, yet I haven't found it in drivers/clk. Maybe I missed something
?

Cheers.

--
Robert