Subject: [BUG,REGRESSION?] 3.11.6+,3.12: GbE iface rate drops to few KB/s

From: [email-masked] (Arnaud Ebalard)
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 16:34:24 +0100

Hi,

Willy Tarreau <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 10:14:34AM +0100, Arnaud Ebalard wrote:
>> Tests for the rgression were done w/ scp, and were hence limited by the
>> crypto (16MB/s using arcfour128). But I also did some tests w/ a simple
>> wget for a file served by Apache *before* the regression and I never got
>> more than 60MB/s from what I recall. Can you beat that? 
>
> Yes, I finally picked my mirabox out of my bag for a quick test. It boots
> off 3.10.0-rc7 and I totally saturate one port (stable 988 Mbps) with even
> a single TCP stream.

Thanks for the feedback. That's interesting. What are you using for your tests
(wget, ...)? 

> With two systems, one directly connected (dockstar) and the other one via
> a switch, I get 2*650 Mbps (a single TCP stream is enough on each).
>
> I'll have to re-run some tests using a more up to date kernel, but that
> will probably not be today though.

Can you give a pre-3.11.7 kernel a try if you find the time? I started
working on RN102 during 3.10-rc cycle but do not remember if I did the
first preformance tests on 3.10 or 3.11. And if you find more time,
3.11.7 would be nice too ;-)

Cheers,

a+