Subject: [PATCH 13/11] OMAP2+: GPIO: ensure bank wakeups are enabled by default

From: [email-masked] (Kevin Hilman)
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 16:14:44 -0800

Tony Lindgren <[email-masked]> writes:

> * Kevin Hilman <[email-masked]> [101209 11:33]:
>> As part of the GPIO conversion to platform_device/platform_driver,
>> commit 2fae7fbed072705d91e09ed393b2e580b2d895fc (OMAP: GPIO: prepare
>> for platform driver) removed hard-coded per-bank SYSCONFIG register
>> values in favor of using omap_hwmod to manage the SYSCONFIG register.
>> 
>> In the previous code, bank-level wakeups were enabled by default using
>> the SYSCONFIG.ENAWAKEUP bit, but omap_hwmod does not enable wakeups by
>> default.  Thus the above commit effectively disabled GPIO bank wakeups.
>> 
>> This patch enables GPIO bank level wakeups by default to preserve
>> previous functionality.
>
> So this patch is no longer needed, right?

Yup, you beat me to it.

This is actually a problem in the omap_hwmod core, and I posted a
separate patch[1] to fix that problem.

Kevin

[1] http://marc.info/?l=linux-omap&m=129193625420446&w=2