Subject: [PATCH 17/18][V3] ARM: OMAP3/4: consolidate cpuidle Makefile

From: [email-masked] (Kevin Hilman)
Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 13:34:14 -0700

Daniel Lezcano <[email-masked]> writes:

> Define a CPU_IDLE section in the makefile, declare the functions in
> the header files conforming to the kernel coding rules and remove the
> 'define's in the C files.
>
> Signed-off-by: Daniel Lezcano <[email-masked]>
> Reviewed-by: Jean Pihet <[email-masked]>

This patch breaks compilation for the !CONFIG_PM case:

   arch/arm/mach-omap2/built-in.o: In function `__omap3_enter_idle':
   /work/kernel/omap/pm/arch/arm/mach-omap2/cpuidle34xx.c:121: undefined reference to `omap_sram_idle'

Since you moved this stuff out of a CONFIG_PM conditional part of the
Makefile, it broke because pm34xx.c is still compiled conditionally on
CONFIG_PM.

When changing Makefile/Kconfig dependencies like this, please
be sure to at least compile test with the various options
enabled/disabled.

For now, I've dropped this patch from the series.  Feel free to
update/retest/resend since the idea is fine.

Kevin