Subject: [PATCH 6/7] MMC: mmci: Enable Device Tree support for ux500 variants

From: [email-masked] (Chris Ball)
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2012 10:41:30 -0400

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 09 2012, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> Agreed.
>
> Should we use max-frequency or clock-frequency for sdhci though? It looks
> like this is both the maximum frequency that it can use and the base frequency
> that the actual clock rate is derived from (can be a fraction).

This is ultimately setting the "f_max" ("maximum operating frequency")
field in the MMC core, so I'm happy naming the property "max-frequency".

It's true that this doesn't explain the derivation to clock rate --
but we weren't doing that before the DT binding either, and I think that
having a discrepancy between the DT property and the core's naming would
lead to confusion/mistakes.

Thanks,

- Chris.
-- 
Chris Ball   <[email-masked]>   <http://printf.net/>
One Laptop Per Child