Subject: [PATCH 0/9] ARM Versatile multi-platform support

From: [email-masked] (Marc Zyngier)
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2015 11:19:00 +0000

On Mon, Jan 05 2015 at 10:08:18 am GMT, Peter Maydell <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On 5 January 2015 at 09:50, Marc Zyngier <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> On 31/12/14 09:25, Peter Maydell wrote:
>>> Will Deacon and Marc Zyngier are currently in possession of that h/w.
>>> I'm sure they'd be delighted to pull it out of the cupboard and
>>> give it a spin :-)
>>
>> I'll try to find some time (or a victim to do the testing... ;-)
>
> To save you some time in trying to debug things which didn't work
> before this patchset, the status last time I tested on h/w was:
>  * PCI MMIO accesses work
>  * PCI IO accesses work
>  * PCI bus-master (DMA) doesn't work
>
> with the failure symptom for DMA being that the card wrote to
> the correct area of memory but only every other word, so you
> got strings like "HellXXXXrld" with the Xs being garbage.
> This feels to me like a h/w issue rather than a driver problem.

Looks like some 64bit address decoding getting in the way. Or
something.... Do you remember the exact platform you tried this on (I
have PB926, PB1176, and a bunch of RealViews with an odd mix of
tiles...)?

	M.
-- 
Jazz is not dead. It just smells funny.