Subject: [PATCH v8 0/6] OMAP: WDT: Implement WDT in hwmod way

From: [email-masked] (Kevin Hilman)
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 08:43:01 -0700

"Varadarajan, Charulatha" <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

>> 
>> Instead, I would rather have a small piece of code in omap_init_wdt()
>> which disarms the watchdog so we don't have any assumptions about
>> bootloader behavior.
>> 
>> The question remains whether this disarm should be
>> #ifndef CONFIG_OMAP_WATCHDOG or if it should happen all the time.  In
>> case the watchdog is a module, it's probe may not happen within the
>> timeout period and they system may reboot also, so I lean towards
>> disarming the watchdog unconditionally.
>
> Agreed. But this shall be handled in mach-omap2/devices.c by directly
> accessing the watchdog registers and disabling it, as the watchdog driver
> would not be available by this time. 

Correct.

> If this okay, I would send a separate patch on top my hwmod series to
> handle this.

Yes please.

Thanks,

Kevin